Friday, March 13, 2009

Savoring Thursday

So on Wednesday, I made the commitment to be intentional about savoring each day this week. I want to share with you how I did on Thursday.

Yesterday was a miserable day, not springlike at all! We had a high of 33, and a mix of sleet, freezing rain, and ice all day. The ground was warm enough that the roads were fine. So at lunch time, I bundled up the kids and took them out to lunch. It was a soup kind of day, and I was in a soup kind of mood. So soup it was. We went to McAlister's, an awesome deli restaurant, that has the most delicious soups. To make it even better, they serve the soup in bread bowls. I had broccoli cheddar soup, and the kids had made-from-scratch chicken noodle soup. It was so yummy, and warmed me all the way through. I savored that soup, and the chance to just go do something fun with my kids.

It ended up not being as fun as I would have liked because my children were mean and cantankerous all afternoon. But I sat there and savored it anyway! The soup was so good, and my children are healthy and perky enough to say nasty things to me and to each other. I'd rather have that than sick, lethargic children. Ha ha!!!

Hopefully my savoring will be more productive and thorough today!

1 comment:

Stef said...

Yay Em! I prayed for you last night and I'm happy you had such a good day. You're dipping into the pool of God's grace and understanding that its sufficient for all your needs. He is SO good!
I will pray your weekend goes well.