Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Renovations and Aliens

The home improvements are moving along nicely. The living room paint, a wonderful, warm tan, is mostly up. Matt will be finishing it tonight. Next to the living room paint, the dining room looks horrible...almost green. So the paint guy at Lowe's mixed up a lighter version of the living room paint for our dining room. I've made good headway on the cabinets. The main cabinet bodies are stipped, sanded, and primed. The cabinet doors are stripped and sanded, and priming is on the agenda for tomorrow. Still a ways to go, but we're moving along.

The home projects are not our biggest projets, though. The biggest projets in our home are son and daughter. Someone snuck in last night and fed them something that replaced their sweetness with the grumps. Oh wait, I know! Maybe it was an alien invasion and something else is now inhabiting the bodies of my babies. Wow, what a day it has been! It has been one of those days that makes me question whether anything I do as a mom is making a difference. For that sake of destroying the reputations of my little sweeties, I won't go into detail. Just know this: I can't tell you the last time I was so happy to put those children in their beds at naptime. And I am praying that whatever stole my kids in the night last night will bring my kids back tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh gosh, as a nanny I know what you mean about not knowing what in the world took over the kids and if anything you're doing is making a lick-a- difference, but trust me it is... I bet you're the best mom.