Monday, February 11, 2013

This Gets Easier!

When I started this project, I thought I would never be able to come up with 1,000 things to be thankful for. Wrong! It gets easier and easier! My eyes are wide open to the daily things. Thank you, God, for Your love and blessings.

591. When the ADHD medication begins to work
592. A serious change--for the better--in your child's handwriting, thanks to a regulated brain
593. The same child--who usually has the attention span of a flea--independently reading a whole Dr. Suess book, just because she wanted to. I can not emphasize what a huge deal this is!!!
594. Three kids in bed at 7:00. One on time, two in trouble. I love early bedtime as a consequence because it is helpful for them. The two offending parties were both sound asleep by 7:05. Clearly they needed the rest and will have a much happier day tomorrow. They'll also be able to make wiser choices because they are rested.
595. The opportunity to photograph one of my best friends' new baby today. He's so precious!








596. Snapper getting really into her social studies research party. She's studying a specific pioneer who settled in our hometown in California and was instrumental in the development of that city. She was randomly assigned this person, and she was thrilled to find out our family has close ties to some of this history! She's so into her project!
597. Seeing Bubbles learning to play by herself. For so long she was completely reliant on others for her fun. She is playing Memory with herself right now. She has two different personas for the game. It is hilarious to hear her!
598. My husband's unfailing love. He's such a gem. I know I post about him a lot, but it's for good reason. I love that man!
599. A 95% on a spelling test for Bubbles! This girl works HARD and earns every B that she manages to get. An A on her weakest subject area is worthy of a slush date at Sonic for Mommy and Little Girl!
600. 7 months with our girls!

No comments: