Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Favorite Time of Year

Arkansas is deceiving. I grew up in coastal California, where gray skies NEVER meant warmth. Whether it was the chilly storms of winter, or the cold damp of summer fog, gray has always meant cold to me. This morning I woke up to gray skies out my window. Auto pilot kicked in and I got myself dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, and my gray hooded sweatshirt. And then I went outside. A gray sky in Arkansas does NOT always mean cold. Sadly, I hung my hoodie back up in the closet.

But my favorite time of year is just around the corner. Warm, humid, gray day or not, the first signs of fall are here! This morning there was a patchy blanket of brown leaves on my lawn! Hobby Lobby's windows are filled with scarecrows and fall garlands! School buses clog traffic from 7-8 every morning. Awana starts in 2 weeks. My birthday is in 13 days, and that will be the kickoff of my favorite time of year, September-December.

Here are my top 5 favorite things about this time of year.

5. Crisp, cool mornings and balmy afternoons
4. Soups, stews, crockpot dinners, and casseroles (recipes coming soon!)
3. Jeans, hoodies, but still flip flops!
2. Fall leaves, spicy scented candles, and fireplace smoke
1. Counting down to Christmas!

Yup. I love it. What is your favorite time of year? Leave me a note with yor favorite season, and favorite thing about that season.

1 comment:

Smarshie said...

My favorite season is definitely summer, but autumn is a close second. I will admit, your post got me excited for the upcoming months of cooler air, pumpkin patches, warm drinks, and the holidays! =)