Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Inspired

I was inspired by my friend Stefanie's blog tonight to post a few recent funnies of Whitney's.

1. This afternoon Snapper wanted to play on the X-Box, but I had already told her no tv or video games today. She asked again and I reminded her that my answer would not change. In a desperate moment of frustration and disappointment, Snapper started spouting off mouthfuls of gibberish. With very animated facial expressions and arm gestures, she marched around the room and carried on like this for about 3 minutes. In great amusement, I sat down and just watched her ranting and raving. When she cooled off, I told I her I couldn't understand her and asked her what she had been saying. She calmly replied, "I don't know. I was speaking Spanish!"


2. Yesterday in church there was no children's worship, so Snapper came to the service with us. After she got tired of coloring, she pulled out a blank piece of paper and started writing a letter to Grandma. Though she usually writes quite well, she seemed distracted and wasn't making much progress on her letter. After about 5 minutes and only a few words on her paper, she points at our pastor (who is preaching away) and whispers disgustedly to Deb-Deb and me, "I can't write because that guy is annoying me!"

Kids say the darndest things!

2 comments:

Stef said...

hahaha!! I couldn't stop laughing at the "I was speaking Spanish" one. That is hilarious. She sounds very lively and full of personality. :)

Stef said...

hey, cute banner!