It's Tuesday...again! Here's what I've learned this week. Check out Musings of A Houseiwfe for more posts like this!
1. The only thing that is predictable about the weather in Arkansas is that it is unpredictable. Sunday was 70 degrees. Right now it is 32. Tomorrow it will be 72. Thursday will be thunderstorms. Do I like this? Most of the time!
2. Consignment shopping is the way to go! I went to a big consignment sale on Wednesday to stock up on summer clothes for my kids. I purchased clothing from Gap, Old Navy, Limited Too, Gymboree, and Osh Kosh--all in almost new condition--for a fraction of the regular cost. 8 shirts, a pair of overalls, swim trunks, 2 pairs of shorts, and a pair of Adidas sneakers for Pepper. 6 shirts, a skort, a dress, and a pair of bermudas for Snapper. A beanbag chair. A booster seat for the kitchen table. Total cost: $89.50!
3. It is nearly impossible to have kittens be born in your house and not to keep any of them. Yes we are keeping one, a little gray and white girl kitty. Snapper does not know this yet! It will be her Easter surprise. Please help us decide the name by voting in my poll! (There are kitten picture a few posts back).
4. Working one day each week is going to be the salvation of my sanity. I started working last week. Just one day, and my hubby gets to stay home with the kiddos on that day. It is a great deal for our whole family.
5. Little else in this world lifts my heart as much as anticipating the visit of friends! Our BFF's Stan and Noel are flying in on Saturday for their annual visit. On the agenda: scrapbooking (Noel and me), "beauty parlor" (Noel does a makeover for Snapper), disc golf, diamond hunting at the Crater of Diamonds, good southern food, lots of laughter. I'm also really looking forward to a visit from other CA friends Frank, Tammy, and baby Sam. They will be arriving on April 30th!!! Hooray for good friends!
I could go on and on. It was a "learningful" week. I'll add a quick funny before I sign off. On Thursday, Matt was tucking the kids in at bedtime. It had been a warm day, so he was wearing shorts. Snapper asked her daddy: "Daddy, is the fur on your legs real fur, or faux fur?" HA HA HA!!! When he told her it was real hair, she told him he needed to go shave his legs. I love kids!
P.S. Several of you asked me last week about the DISC test I took, and what being a Beaver (Conscientious) means. I'm sorry I didn't email each of you back personally. Here's a link to a description of the test. No, it's not free. But it is TOTALLY worth the $25 or $30 to take it.