Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Childhood Meets Theirs

A few weeks ago I posted about a couple of favorite records from when I was little: "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" and "The Music Machine." I got great feedback from several of you. You also shared your memories of Psalty, Colby, and some others that you (and I) loved when we were kids. As a matter of fact, you can still get the Psalty cd's at www.psalty.com. If you're looking for some awesome, quality kids music/stories that will enhance your kids' spiritual growth and concept of God, invest in the Psalty cd's. My kids are crazy about them, and I love them as much as I did when I was little. My personal favorites are Kids Praise 4 and Kids Praise 7.

Anyhoo, since we bought "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" and "The Music Machine" to use in Awana, we've listened to them a lot at home. This morning the kids were up and had eaten breakfast. I left them coloring at the dining room table while I took my shower. When I came downstairs again, I found them happily rocking out and dancing in the living room to the song "Have Patience" from "The Music Machine." It was too funny not to video.

Here's the video for you. Hee hee!

2 comments:

Stef said...

I'm getting such a kick out of seeing videos of your kids. Having never met them in person, its a treat. We feel like we know them so well. Ethan saw this video and was talking to them, as if they could hear him. He's a little too used to Daddy's web cam. :)

I love the accents they used too. Super cute!

Hofwoman said...

So fun to read your blog too, Emily! You have such a beautiful family!

*Oh gosh, and I totally remember 'Bullfrogs and Butterflies' - wow, what a fun trip down memory lane!