Thursday, October 2, 2008

Language of the Childs

Pepperese: "Mommy tannago sonnet gettum con-doag?"
English: "Mommy, can we go to Sonic and get a corn dog?"


Snapperish:
"I remember in California or Spokane when we got corn dogs at Weemenshizzel."
English:
"I remember in California or Spokane when we got corn dogs at Weinerschnitzel."


Pepperese:
"Lookuh lookuh lookuh dat shyke so beaufoe!"
English: "Look, look, look, that sky is so beautiful!" (at sunset tonight)


Snapperish (memorizing Psalm 23 for Awana):
"Psalm 23- The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be a wanton. He lies me down in green pastors. He leads me down in quiet waters. He stores up my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his main steak. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, no evil will fear me, for I am with you. Your rot and your stack, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me as a present to my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overgrows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwelter in the house of the living forever."

This one was so funny because we have been working on it for a few days, and yet my original explanations of the verses apparently didn't sink in for her. After this hilarious version of Psalm 23, we went back through and discussed it until she understood better. The next go-around was much improved!




Pepperese: "Awww, ducks, uhbugga-bye-chuh in my boobs!"
English: "Awww, shucks, there's a bug in my boots!"
(bugga-bye-chuh = bug-will-bite-you...it's what he calls all bugs)



As I was changing my shirt in my room yesterday...

(enter Pepper): "Mommy, don't put on dat shirt!"
Me: "Why not, Buddy?"
Pepper: "I wanna see you boobies!"
Me (getting down eye-level with him): "No Sir! We don't say that! It is very rude to
ask to see someone's boobies!
Pepper: "But Mommy, I like dem!"

He is all male, even at 2!

The funny things they do and say are without a doubt my overall favorite part of being a parent!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Cute pic of the 2 of them, and hilarious story about Jackson and your, um, chest. :)

Stef said...

I love that you wrote these! I get the biggest kick out of hearing other kids and the way they process things. Its such a fun time of life! I especially loved the bottom picture... so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Em that is priceless! Thanks for the pick-me-up!