Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloweening

I hadn't planned on dressing up this year. Just wasn't into it. I figured cute costumes for my kids would suffice. So I pulled out the lion costume I made for Snapper when she was 2, and it fitPerfectly perfectly. We got a pair of black sweat for Snapper, and a kitty tail and ears. She was adorable, of course. And then Matt went to Walmart.

It was at 4:00 this afternoon. He went for black thread, but made the mistake of walking past the Halloween costume aisle, where wigs were half off. He brought home a blond mullet wig, which served as instant, spontaneous inspiration for me. At 5:00 we pulled out of the driveway on our way to our church's Trunk or Treat, with a kitty and a lion in the backseat, and the world's ugliest man in the driver's seat. And no, I am definitely not talking about my hottie husband!

I've said before, a picture is worth a thousand words. Here are a few adorable pictures of my sweet kids. And there are a couple thousand words' worth of pictures of me, the "Whoa-Man," as our pastor noted upon seeing me tonight. Seriously, I think I looked like something that crawled out of a dilapidated trailer in some backwoods bayou. Hee hee! Happy laughing!









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily, this is TOO much! I am dying laughing!!!

Lori said...

Too funny! Looks like you are owning your costume. ;)

Stef said...

Your kid's costumes are SUPER cute! And I, like Jenn, died laughing when I saw you!

My name is Stacie... said...

Caroline and I talked about how cute the kiddos looked last night. She said she got to hold Jackson. We both decided your costume was just plain disturbing! A good time was had by all.