Monday, June 28, 2010

Today Is The Day!

The boxes are packed. Except for a few office boxes and cleaning supplies and laundry supplies, which I will pack tonight. The moving truck comes in a few hours, as does the crew of friends from FamilyLife who will be loading our stuff into the truck and unloading it into storage. Right now we're heading over to the realtor's office to sign closing paperwork on the house. Then it's home to clean the car for our trip and clean the house. Tonight we'll sleep on our mattresses on the living room floor. Tomorrow morning we'll take the mattresses to the storage unit, take Pepper for one, final swimming lesson, and then we're off!

Would you pray for me today? My emotions are so raw, and it is going to be a very full day full of hard work and goodbyes.

I don't know when I'll be able to blog again. We don't have a laptop, so we're taking our desktop with us on the road. Probably the first time I'll be able to set it up is when we get to my dad and step-mom's house in California on July 7th. Here's our schedule until then.

Tomorrow: Drive all day. Stay in Amarillo, TX.
Wednesday (our 9th anniversary): Drive all day. Meet our friends the Whitmores at a hotel in Flagstaff, AZ! This is a surprise for all the kids.
Thursday: See the Grand Canyon and have lunch with our friends the Holmquists. Drive to Santa Clarita, CA. Stay with Matt's sister, Julie.
Friday: All day and overnight with Julie and her family.
Saturday: Drive to Groveland, CA. Stay with my Grandma. My birthmom and aunt are joining us there!
Sunday: Day with Grandma
Monday: Yosemite! Drive to Visalia, CA, and stay with our very bestest friends in the world, Stan and Noel.
Tuesday: All day and overnight with Stan and Noel. YAY!
Wednesday: Drive to my dad and step-mom's house in Scotts Valley, CA. I can't wait!

So for the last time in Arkansas, farewell, my wonderful bloggy friends. I'll catch up with you from California.

5 comments:

Tara said...

This almost makes me sad esp. the last sentence. Sorta seems like you are leaving us for good but so glad you aren't! Have fun and BE SAFE out on the roads.

About Southern Belle said...

Oh yes, you will be in my prayers! Soon the work of moving will be behind you {well at least part one} and you will be off on a grand adventure. Enjoy every minute of it.

~Christine

Unknown said...

lol shocked me when you said " jackson" I was like who???
:)
Praying!!!

E. Charlotte said...

I have been thinking of you and your family! I hope you enjoy all your friend visits. It sounds fun!

Vicki said...

wow what a schedule! safe travels and hope your visit at each stop is blessed