Friday, June 18, 2010

Orlando, Day 2

I didn't sleep well last night. I think maybe it was because of all the questions swirling around in my head. The biggest question of all: will I find a house, or will we come down in August without a home to come to? My dreams involved hotel stays, cockroaches, and an upset stomach. The upset stomach wasn't a dream, though. I woke up with it. Nerves, I'm sure. As for the cockroaches, I sure hope they were a dream!

My agenda was very full today, with appointments to view 5 homes. I pretty much drove from home to home, and was generally unimpressed with what I saw. The one home I did like this morning had some crazy requirements...they wanted a securty deposit, first and last months' rent, $600 deposit for the cats, photos of the cats, background check, credit check, and income verification. Oh, and application fees for both Matt and me. It would have cost us about $3000 to move into that house.

After lunch, I went to see the last 2 homes. And it was all smooth sailing from there! In the morning, I will be signing our 1-year lease on a beautiful, 1520 sq. ft. townhome! The sweet lady who owns it had a serious back injury, and she is no longer able to navigate the stairs. She and her husband are going to rent a single-level home nearby, and they wanted to rent their home to a nice family who would take good care of it.

Built in 2007
3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms
Big living room, dining room, and large eat-in kitchen
Beautiful kitchen with maple cabinets, black appliances, and Corian countertops
Jetted tub and large shower in the master bathroom
Walk-in closet
Huge storage closet under the stairs
Tile and immaculate carpet
Fenced courtyard
Huge, grassy common area in the middle of the complex
Community pool
Sewer, garbage, HOA fees, internet, cable, and gardener included in the price

$300 security deposit, no pet deposit, and she isn't requiring us to pay for our first month until we move in! She was relieved that we aren't moving until August because she isn't ready to move quite yet. We are signing a 1-year lease, but she said if we decide to buy a house before the year is up, we just need to give her 2 months notice, and she will release us from the lease without penalty! $1075 per month!

This is so awesome. Such God's provision for us. Oh, and did I mention that it is 2 minutes away from the wonderful school that I toured yesterday? If we want to walk to the school, it is a 7-minute walk. Also, when we do decide to buy, there are a lot of great houses for sale in the same school district.

I can't even begin to tell you how relieved I am! Seriously, I feel so much better...like I can relax and breathe, and now I'll really be able to enjoy our road trip. So good to know a sweet home is waiting for us. Tomorrow, since I don't have to go look at apartments like we originally thought I was going to have to do, I am going to the beach. Yup, after I sign the lease and pay our deposit, I am driving myself out to Cocoa Beach to enjoy the water for a few hours before I fly home.

So I was right, folks. God already had this home picked out for me. I was the first person to see it, and the owner had 2 other people scheduled to come just an hour after me. Thenk you, God, for providing just the right home for our family. The door will be wide open, should any of you come to Orlando!

I'll post a photo when I get home.

7 comments:

momto5minnies said...

That is so wonderful Emily. All those prayers were answered! Sounds like things will be just fine for you and the family. Have fun at the beach!!!!

Kristin said...

congrats, that's awesome! :)

Lori said...

Praise! :)

Matt said...

Yay! A townhouse, huh? So I won't have any lawn to mow, grass to seed, squirrels to chase off, or weeds to pull? Sounds like a good thing!Can't wait to see it in person!

Oh- bring us back some sand dollars if you can. Have fun!

About Southern Belle said...

Such wonderful news and an answer to your prayers! Enjoy your time at the beach today.

Stef said...

I am SO excited for you! God's best is always there for those who wait and hope. I'm so happy for you guys, Em! Can't wait to see pictures and what an awesome landlady it sounds like you'll have!

We had such a similar experience in our move here - all the houses I saw (I think 20+) were just okay. Some of them I would never live in, due to the complete messes that they were, some were in bad areas, and some were asking way too much for the dumpy house. When we saw the home we're living in... our mouths dropped. Could NOT believe she was asking such low rent, in a private neighborhood, with a view, and the size of the house is plenty big enough for our size family... God never forgets our needs.

Now your adventure can begin!

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! I'm so glad you were able to be so successful! :D