Thursday, June 17, 2010

Orlando, Day 1

I am so happy that I was not traveling with my children yesterday. Flight #1, delayed, then delayed, then delayed. Connection in Atlanta missed by 2 minutes. Got a seat on the next flight, which left 2 hours later. Seat 39E, back of the plane, between to ginormous men, both of whom were smokers, and one of whom had obviously been drinking. Flight #2 delayed, delayed, stuck on the Tarmac for 30 minutes. Stinky seatmates. Then tubulent the whole way. Flight attendants never even left their seats. Thank God for anti-nausea medication! But when I landed, I had no trouble getting my car which happens to have a plug-in for my iPod, and Sirius satelite radio!

I slept like a log last night, and woke up refreshed and ready. I enjoyed eating breakfast in my friend Eleanor's silent house, and reading my Bible without interruptions.

My day today included:
-Looking at 3 houses inside
-Looking at (and striking off my life) 4 houses outside
-Lunch at DEL TACO!!! My favorite fast food ever, and we don't have it in Little Rock!
-Tour of what I really hope will be Snapper's new school.
-Meeting with the head coach of Snapper's new swim team. He is fantastic, and this is going to be a good thing for her.
-Driving all over the place and getting familiar with the area.

I am tired, so I am going to bed now. I am looking forward to another full day tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I find our house!

3 comments:

E. Charlotte said...

You sound so wonderfully positive! I wish you luck in your house search!

Unknown said...

I know that's got to be pretty tiring, but the vagabond in me, got really excited to read your post :)

Stef said...

Thanks SO much for blogging about this! Its going to be helpful as I pray for you.
Wow... the delayed flights would drive me insane. I'm already not a comfortable flyer - I think that would set me over the edge. Glad you made it there safe! Praying God shows you the perfect house SOON.