Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Crrrrack!

I love my chiropractor. I think she saved my life today...
Not really...
But seriously, I am so thankful for her! As you know, I have been faithfully swimming, and it is paying off! The scale this morning said I am 3 pounds lighter than I was at this time last week! Can I get a what-what?! But swimming has also done me in. Yesterday I bravely (or stupidly) completed four agonizing laps of butterfly. And my back has spent all day today cursing and screaming at me. By the time I rolled out of bed, made the bed, and fed my son, I was done for the day. I spent the rest of the day, until 2:00, flat on my back in total pain. So, I went to see my chiropractor, who performed her slightly agonizing magic on my spine, and voila...I can walk again! I'm still sore, but I am functioning.
Here's the coolest thing, though. I asked her to look at my poor foot, which is still sore and hematoma-stricken. She poked it, and prodded, it, and stretched it, and SNAP CRRRRACK! And I sat there, giggling hysterically in pain. She calmly informed me that my second toe had been dislocated, but she had just moved it back into place. Within 30 seconds, my big toe and second toe--which have been numb since I dropped the chair on them 3 weeks ago--started to tingle! Here I am, 8 hours later, and I have full feeling in my toes, and I can walk without limping! Granted, my foot is bruised again. But I will take some bruising over the former pain any day! I think my foot will finally heal.
Thank you SO much, Dr. Melissa!
Do you have a good chiropractor? Find one. You will have a new best friend.

2 comments:

The Yorks said...

Oh I hear ya sista! And as far as the swimming, poop on the butterfly stroke! I was a competitive swimmer in high school and I never could do the butterfly properly without it being painful (and hilarious to watch so I was told). Thankfully I was much better at the breaststroke--the best one there is!!! Try that one (if you don't have to share a lane that is...) Way to go Em!

Tara said...

I have never been to a chiropractor and have no plans because I can't stand the sounds. I almost couldn't make it through this post. Yikes! but glad you are feeling better.