Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's A Contest!!!

Okay, so I've posted way too many times today. But that's okay, right? Now that school has started, I have quite a bit more time to get caught up on some very important things such as blogging, downloading and editing photos, laundry, one-on-one time with my son, planning healthy meals, etc. Seriously though, here's why I am posting once more today. It is time for some change around here.

I have been blogging for over a year now. My blog has been a journal of my life, a place to display my photo art, and a medium for building relationships. As great as all that is, I want this blog to be more than that. I want to be a help to my readers, and share my experiences and ideas in a way that offers encouragement to others, primarily young moms like myself. If I'm going to do this, I need to narrow my focus a bit. I'll continue to write about my kids because they are currently my biggest teachers and the source of much of my writing material. I also want to focus on what I know well: cooking, crafting, building strong families, establishing traditions, and homemaking tips. So this is already established in my mind. Now comes the part where I need your help.

I need a new name and tagline for my blog. My creative juices are not yet adjusted to the early school mornings, so I need ideas from you. If you have a good idea for a blog title and tagline that will reflect my newly focused content, please post a comment with your idea. I will be keeping the URL that I already have, so if you can incorporate it into the title some way, that would be cool. Not necessary, though. Heck, I'll make this a contest! Submit as many entries as you would like. The creator of the winning blog title and/or tagline will receive a copy of The Minivan Years, by Olivia Bruner. Here is a picture of the book and a brief summary. I think it is an appropriate prize for this contest!



Olivia Bruner shares personal stories to illustrate how you can choose happiness when family life gets hectic and exhausting. She steers you through relieving anxiety, enduring embarrassing moments, teaching good financial habits, and redeeming painful times in your kids' lives in order to build a healthy, joyful home.

The contest will close Saturday night. I will post my winner on Sunday or Monday.

Once I have my new title, I'll get to work remodeling the look of the blog, and hopefully will be ready to make the change by the end of next week. Cool beans! So think creatively for me, y'all! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

3 comments:

About Southern Belle said...

What exciting news! I look forward to seeing your new blog design, name and theme.

I have no suggestions yet for a new blog name, its to early in the morning and I haven't had my coffee yet, maybe later once I've fully woken up one will come to me. = )

Lori said...

I'm going to give this a try, though I must admit that none of these totally sold me - but who knows, they could inspire something else!...

This one made me think about the life artist part...
Title: Everyday blessings
Tagline: Delighting in the beauty and blessings of everyday life

This one is inspired by your goal to inspire others...
Title: A Mom on a Mission
Tagline: Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Psalm 43:3 (or your life verse)

This one's about the mundane aspects of life that I know you turn into fun...
Title: Between loads of laundry
Tagline: Delighting in God's blessings (outside of the laundry room)

Just some ideas! Have fun - blog makeovers are awesome!

Unknown said...

Hey Emily. This is Sarah. Ok here is my idea. I might post more later. I always use quotes for my tagline so I found some for you. Hope you like them.

Title: A Mother's Journey
Tagline: “No influence is so powerful as that of the mother.”
-Sarah Josepha Hale

I thought about this one because you have so many "loves" in life. Love for your hubby, kids, hobbies, God, etc.
Title: A Mother's Love
Tagline: A Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm