Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Emily Flies Solo

I'm home!!! And yes, I had a wonderful time away. The purpose of my trip was to scan pictures from my childhood so I can make a scrapbook to preserve my memories for my kids. Mission accomplished! In the course of 18 hours over 3 days, I scanned 1200 pictures from 1979-2000! I still have a few albums at home to work through, and I will get to them soon. When the scanning was finished, I still had a good bit of time to spend with my family. My dad and step-mom hosted a croquet tournament at their house for my sis and me, my aunt, uncle, and cousins. My sister's best friend came, too. We had a great lunch together, and shared much laughter and hilarity. My sis and I also got an invitation to go up to my Uncle Jack and Aunt Marianne's lake house in central California. We jumped on the opportunity! The setting of their home is so serene and peaceful. I loved the time I had to catch up with my family. The lake was clean and clear, and the water temperature was perfect. The best part of the trip, though, was the concentrated, one-on-one time with my sister. I came home last night very full inside, and excited to make this scrapbook. Here are some pictures to better tell the story. Oh...my computer woes continue. I got a brand new computer 6 weeks ago, and it hasn't been right from the beginning. Matt took it in yesterday and found out that it had 19 viruses. How do you get 19 computer viruses when you only visit a few websites and never download anything? Anyhoo, I only have the laptop for now. Once I get my computer back I will post some of my favorite childhood pics. Ooooh, I'm excited to get to look through all of them and share!

All photographs are the property of Life Art by Emily and may not be reproduced in any form.

Dinner at Del Taco (my favorite fast food) with my brother, Brandon


Clowning around


Dinner in downtown Santa Cruz with my sister, Jenny


One of Jenny's gorgeous roses at her house


My photo scanning set-up at Jenny's house


At home by my beloved Santa Cruz ocean



Do you play croquet?


My little cousins C and L show their Grampy (my Uncle Dave) the lizard they found


L plays with her Grammy (my Auntie Maggie) on the lawn during a lull in the croquet

This picture of L was too cute not to share!



Chillin' in the lake with my Aunt Marianne and another little cousin C


I love my cousin Katie


Uncle Jack's dock...isn't it a gorgeous setting?


Finished off the trip with a visit to my Granny

3 comments:

About Southern Belle said...

How fun! Especially having time to visit with your sister--what a blessing! I am driving north in a little over a week to visit my own sister who lives near Seattle...I can't wait.

Unknown said...

aw Emily! What a beautiful trip! I'm so glad you got to spend time in SC. Isn't it refreshing to spend good time with family? :)

The Yorks said...

Hooray for California! And family! Those little girls are just adorable!