Saturday, August 22, 2009

It Came to Me in the Shower...

For the past few days I've had blog on the brain. Ever since deciding to revamp my blog, I've been trying to think of a new name to go along with the new focus. My poor contest was seriously under-attended. Thanks so much, Lori and Sarah, for your entries! They were all great ideas, and I had even selected one of them as my winner...until I did a google search for that name. Unfortunately, there are other brilliant thinkers out there who already snatched up your ideas. Not a single one of the names submitted was available! Other mommy bloggers had already taken them. So it was back to square one for me.

Last night I was out way too late--until around like 1:30ish--scrapbooking with my friends at church. When my charming husband and son woke me up at 7:45 this morning, my brain was a worthless mess of cobwebs. I took a long, hot shower in an attempt to clear the fluff between my ears. Apparently it worked, because as I was combing the conditioner through my hair, it came to me!

A Mother's Masterpiece

For a brief moment I was very excited. And then my brain called it quits. At 9:30 Matt walked me upstairs and put me back to bed, where I recharged my system until 1:30. What a good man! Tonight I've been thinking hard about a tagline. I went back to the most defining written moment of my life for inspiration. That did the trick, along with a little bit of help from Lori's tagline ideas.

So here's the big reveal.....

A Mother's Masterpiece
Delightful details on the canvas of everyday life

So Lori, because your tagline was important in helping me develop mine, you are the winner! I'll get that book in the mail to you this week.

I'd love feedback from my friends. What do you think?

5 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds perfect, Em. Fits you like a glove. Can't wait for the big reveal!

Unknown said...

it's perfect. :)

About Southern Belle said...

I love it! Sorry I wasn't able to come up with anything. I've had a one tracked mind lately with our upcoming move.

ErinL said...

I promise I wasn't ignoring your contest! I really was thinking....something with motherhood mixed somehow with Monet or maybe muse but I just couldn't get it all to come together! I love your idea!

Tara said...

Congratulations on the new name. I really had NO ideas but it looks like you've done a fantastic job. Can't wait to see the new blog!