Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hate

Have I mentioned that I HATE cancer?
Beverly got her bone marrow biopsy results back today. Her doctor was expecting she would be in remission and ready to go in for her bone marrow transplant next week. Not to be. Her tests were positive for the Philadelpia factor (the type of cell mutation she has). This means she has to go back into chemo Thursday. From there I'm not sure where they'll go. I'll be talking to her in the morning to get more details.
This just totally stinks. Things are tough enough already for her without getting more bad news, more pain, more delays. I wish I could carry some of this for her. I wish I didn't live so stinkin' far away. 750 miles feels like 10,000 right now.
I know God has a plan, and that His way is best. I just don't understand sometimes, and now is one of those times. I guess I'll just have to keep trusting His heart. After all, He is God.
By the way, in case you missed it before, I HATE cancer.

3 comments:

Stef said...

I'm with ya. I liken it to sin. It often creeps in out of what seems to be nowhere and left untreated, or caught too late, it spreads so fast and destroys whatever it touches.
I am praying for Bev. I got your family newsletter tonight and sat to read it while I nursed Kara. I found myself sobbing... for you! I kept thinking of how hard this must be for you to go through, again and how God must be using you in Bev's life. In ways you don't even know! You're a good friend, Em. God bless you!
Bev is in our prayers. Ethan prayed for her tonight and asked God to PLEASE put band aids on her "camcer". I cannot imagine her life right now. When I think I've got it rough or I'm going through a deep patch, I think of her.

Lori said...

I'm sorry! :( Praying that God will give you peace... and Bev a miracle.

Anonymous said...

I HATE it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm praying for Beverly and her precious family.