Monday, November 3, 2008

Pleased

Those of you who know me well know that I am a live-by-the-list kind of girl. I get up in the morning, I do my Bible study, and I make my list for the day. If I have a daunting task, like deep cleaning the kitchen, I break it down into smaller tasks on the list, just so I can have the satisfaction of checking it off as I go. Can anyone relate to me on this? Very few things are as satisfying to me as reaching the end of a day and seeing my list all checked off. I have to be careful, though, or I can become a slave to my list. I will get to feeling as though I have accomplished nothing if my list doesn't have enough items checked off.

Today was a very satisfying day, largely because I started the day with a LONG list (1 full page, single spaced, 11 pt. calibri font. At the end of this day, there are only 6 items not checked off the list!!! I did way better than I had expected! I am happy, because it takes a lot of pressure off of me for tomorrow. My list will be much shorter tomorrow than I had anticipated.

I have noticed that as I have had children and gotten older, my need for a list has increased. I used to be able to keep my list in my head. Not anymore! If it's not on the paper within 30 seconds of it entering my mind, it is doomed. So I am thankful for paper and a pen. I am thankful for lists. And I am pleased with my day. I know I will sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily, I hope I'm not too late. Here is my verse for Bev.

Psalms 3:3
"But Thou, O Lord, art a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.

This REALLY encouraged me this morning and I wanted to pass it on to Bev. Tell her she has someone praying for her in GA!