Sunday, November 23, 2008

Family Members Excluded!

Warning: Christmas secrets contained on this page! If you are a member of my family, whether close or distant, don't read this blog entry!

There's nothing like a cold November weekend to get the creative juices rolling! I had a fantastic time scrapbooking with my friends on Friday night...until 2:30 a.m.! While I was there, I had access to my friend Christy's many Cricut cartridges. For you non-scrapbookers, a Cricut is an electronic person die cut machine. Matt got me one for Christmas last year, and I LOVE it! I use it all the time to create beautiful titles for my scrapbooks, gift tags, and other fun paper projects. I never have to worry about running out of letter stickers because I can cut whatever letters I need. Anyhoo, Christy and Kelli were making gorgeous, elaborate gift tags instead of scrapbooking. I had been thinking about making ornaments for my family members this year, but didn't have the right Cricut cartridge to do what I wanted. Seeing Christy's and Kelli's gift tags inspired me! They had the right cartridge! So I put the scrapbook on hold and spent an hour cutting the paper for my ornaments. They came out SO cute, and I was able to complete 26 of them in just 4 hours!



Another friend of mine, Anne, shared with me that for the last many years, she has been giving a special Christmas ornament to each of her nieces and nephews, building a collection that they will have for the rest of their lives. I thought that I would start that same tradition for my nieces and nephews (I have 2 of each right now, and 2 more will be arriving in 2009!). So I spent a long time yesterday looking for the right ornament for each child. No luck! I don't have the resources to spend $15 per ornament! So I went to Hobby Lobby in search of ornament crafting inspiration! Hobby Lobby is one of my favorite places in the world, and I never leave the store disappointed. I found my inspiration, and for much less than $15 a piece, my nieces, nephews, an my cousin's children are receiving handcrafted, personalized ornaments! I'm so excited!



So now I'm in a crafting mood! I think I'll be crafting all week! I have more ideas, and I want to capitalize on this creative kick! I love it when I'm inspired!

No comments: