Thursday, November 20, 2008

Whose Business?

Mine!
I have started a little side business. Actually, I guess it isn't really a business...just an expanded hobby. I've started doing some children's photography. Of course, I've been photographing my own kiddos for 6 and 2 years respectively. But now I'm expanding. I've done two photo shoots this week with four other kiddos. I've had great success, especially today! I'll post a few of my pics at the end of this blog.
This brings me to an offer for you. Well, to those of you in Central Arkansas, that is. I love photography. I love kids. Mix the two, and I'm in heaven! I would love to photograph your kids. And guess what? I'll do it for free! So save yourself a few hundred buckaroos and give me a call. I'm serious...I want to do this, and there is no charge. I'll even give you a cd of all the pics so you can go make prints. I have a fat ol' camera that takes very high resolution pics, so you can get large prints made!

On another note, we have another small crisis in out house. We moved the kids back into their own rooms last weekend. Whitney loves having her own space. Jackson? He's another story! His whole 6 months of sleeping in a big-boy bed have been in a queen bed/bottom bunk with Whitney above him. He freaks out at bedtime having to go to bed in a twin bed all by himself. We've had the whole range of excuses at bed time, along with screaming and crying for extended periods of time. Last night putting him in the pack and play solved the problem. Tonight, hanging his Spirderman blanket over the window seemed to help. He'll get used to it eventually. I have to share a couple of his excuses with you, though. Too cute!

"Mommy, I have to go pee-pee in the potty!"
So I got him up, took him to the bathroom, and sat him down on the potty. He looks down at his bottom and says,
"Mommy, this just isn't working for me! I think it's broken."

"Mommy, I 'cared! This room 'cary!"
I asked him what was scaring him.
"Dere's a monter in da closet. A big one!"
Hmm...I wonder where he got that one!

"Mommy, I wanna sleep in your bed!"
I asked him why.
"I need more kisses. I can't sleep in my bed."

Okay, here are a few of today's pics.






5 comments:

Unknown said...

CUTE PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask if you travel. You definitely have a knack for photography!!

Hey, how is homeschooling going for you? I've been meaning to ask you. Do you like what you are using?

Stef said...

Nice pictures, Em! And congrats on the side job. If we lived closed, you'd be photographing my kids every week!
The quotes from Jackson were so cute. I loved the potty one where he says he thinks its broken. :)

My name is Stacie... said...

OMG! I totally need you to come do Zack's senior picture!

Ross and Taya said...

Amazing photos Emily! We'll definitely take you up on your offer. =) BTW we've got a book coming to you. Enjoy!