Sunday, November 30, 2008

Markers On My Journey

Back in August I was diagnosed with a health condition that, among other things, suppressed my metabolism. It explained why I was slowly gaining weight, and could not seem to lose any weight, no matter how little I ate or how much I exercised. I started on a medication that has kicked my metabolism back into gear.

It has been three months, and today I braved Kohl's for the first time since early August. I knew I had lost a bunch of weight, but I didn't know how that translated into sizes.

Pants: From a size 18 to a size 14!!!
Tops: From a size 2X to a size L sweater and XL top!

Woo Hoo and congratulations for me! No more shopping dread! And baby, next shopping trip (in January) there will be even less of me to love!

5 comments:

Lori said...

That's awesome!

Stef said...

good for you, Em! That must be such a relief for you. Wanna share some of the meds with me? ;-)

Unknown said...

that is SO exciting!

Smarshie said...

I am so happy for you! What fun news.

Ross and Taya said...

Yay Emily, hat a great accomplishment!!!