Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

21. The financial ability to go to the grocery store today and fill my refrigerator, pantry, and freezer with enough healthy food to last my family for 2 weeks
22. Spectacular fall weather for Thanksgiving
23. Beautiful haircuts for my beautiful girls
24. Two sisters (joined by adoption) snuggling in the armchair, watching a movie together
25. Buttered popcorn and cold milk
26. My crock pot
27. Buy 1 get 2 free coupons
28. My wonderful, delightful step-mom who has been a blessing in my life for the past 9 years
29. Technology that helps me connect with my family, even though they all live at least 3000 miles away
30. A comfortable bed with a memory foam mattress topper
31. The gluten-free bakery that sells delicious bread to a store in our town
32. Snapper's 3/4 inch of growth and 4 pounds of weight gain in the last 6 weeks: a tremendous victory for a child that has extreme difficulty keeping on weight
33. A pediatrician who specializes in ADHD (for 2 of my kids), is an adoptive father, and was willing to take Medicaid just so our adopted girls could be his patients
34. My best friend in all the world, Noel. She sees the ugliest parts of my heart but still loves me
35. The wonderful sport of swimming, that has had such a big impact on Snapper
36. New living room furniture, a gift from our manager's mother
37. My velour lounge pants
38. NASCAR.
39. Jimmie Johnson (#48) specifically
40. My camera, the captor of memories

No comments: