942. An exciting new partnership at work. I can't give details, but the potential impact if HUGE!
943. A GREAT session with Sunny's therapist yesterday. Sunny has three therapists: Mary Jo (addresses the emotional), Steve (addresses the physical), and Laura (addresses the social). Yesterday we met with Mary Jo. We're working on helping Sunny give names to her feelings, and then teaching her coping strategies for when the big feelings come.
944. Mary Jo's understanding of children who experienced extreme trauma before the child was able to remember.
945. A technique that really worked for Sunny yesterday
Mary Jo and Sunny, talking about where feelings come from and where they live
946. A very peaceful, happy, productive afternoon and evening with her after therapy
947. Good conversation with good friends
948. Loaded baked potatoes for dinner...super easy and SO YUM!
949. Bubbles' horrible battle with frightening memories of her past. Why am I thankful for this? Because when she battles, the real girl comes out.
950. That Bubbles finally reached her breaking point and has decided she's ready to go see Mary Jo! This is a victory because for the last 10 months, she has been completely closed to getting help.
951. A whole week of beautiful rain and thunderstorms
952. Muscovy ducks and a flock of ibis in our front yard this morning
953. Only 3 weeks left of school!
954. MY HUSBAND CLEANED THE HOUSE FOR ME YESTERDAY
955. That my rat race week ends at 4:00 today
956. Wonderful spiritual conversations with the kids' swimming teacher
957. Seven free tickets to LegoLand, a gift from a friend!
958. Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer
959. That my mom saved all my childhood books, and now my kids are getting to enjoy them, too!
960. Snapper taking responsibility for her homework and getting up at 6:00 this morning to finish it. On her own!