What I've Learned This Week is hosted by Musings of A Housewife.
Here's what I learned.
1. Purell hand sanitizer is not good friends with my oak table. Ask my 3-year-old. He introduced Purell to Table, and the play date did not go well for the table. Take note: Purell not only removes the finish from wood, it eats the wood, too.
2. Never leave a bag of Hershey's Kisses in your purse when your 3-year-old knows about it. 3-year-olds have remarkable determination and deception powers when it comes to eating Hershey's kisses. No Mommy, I did not pull the dining room chair to the front door coat rack to get your purse. No, I did not eat half the bag of Kisses. No, I'm not the one who left the pile of Kiss wrappers under the dining room table. No, I did not eat the Kisses, and I definitely did not hide under the table to eat them! I didn't know it was a wrong thing to do, either! I definitely don't deserve a spanking! What? You're going to put me to bed? NOOOOOOO!
3. I learned that my daughter never turns clothing the right side out before putting it in the laundry. Never!
4. Never take sunshine for granted. Glorious Mr. Sun returned yesterday after a very long absence. I have never been so happy to see him!
5. A lot of convicting spiritual stuff has come down the pipes at me this week, both from my Bible study and from our discussion at community group on Sunday night. I'm working through Beth Moore's Believing God study with some wonderful ladies at church. I learned that I have a wrong perspective of myself. I have a hard time loving myself because I see all my own faults and insecurities. I need to remember that when God looks at me, none of that matters. I also learned that I'm not the only one who struggles with seeing myself as God sees me. Even Beth Moore has insecurities! Go figure! Anyhoo, lots to think about. And this is going to be one long learning curve.