It is time for another round of What I've Learned This Week, hosted by Musings of A Housewife.
1. Even though Ford sometimes has a bad rep, a good Ford is much easier to repair than many other vehicles. The alternator went out on my Ford Windstar this week, and my sweet husband was able to replace it himself with no difficulty. He has replaced alternators on other cars of mine, but they have been much more difficult and frustrating.
2. Spayed kitties are happy kitties! Even though the procedure was expensive, it was worth it. My cats have been so much calmer and more cuddly during the last week since they got fixed!
3. No amount of hand washing will guarantee protection against illness. For the last month I have been washing my hands and using sanitizer like a maniac. I have been scrubbing my kitchen counters with Lysol every day, and wiping my doorknobs down with Clorox wipes regularly. Heck, I even open doors in public places with a wipe or a paper towel. And I still got sick. After spiking a fever on Sunday morning, I decided to go visit the doctor yesterday. The diagnosis: acute bronchitis. I'm hoping, praying the antibiotic kicks in soon, because I am miserable.
4. Fall is my favorite season. I learn this again every time I step outside. Fall. Is. AMAZING!
5. Never take your eyesight for granted. Watching my sweet girl soaking in the world around her has spurred a mixture of emotions in me. For those of you just tuning in, my 7-year-old daughter was recently diagnosed with Amblyopia, a condition that has made her blind in her right eye. She got glasses 2 weeks ago, and it is like she is really living for the first time.
I know, nothing profound this week. But that's okay!