It has been a while since I linked in to the What I've Learned carnival at Musings of A Housewife. I think it is time to get back to it!
What I've Learned This Week
1. I am SO out of shape! Yes, I really learned that. I thought I was in much better shape than I really am. Depressing.
2. Getting back in shape is much easier and more fun when you are working out with a friend. Every morning after I drop Snapper off at school, I meet up with my friend Karon. We walk the hills around her house some days, and the other days we do Pilates. I am already noticing improvement in my stamina and muscle tone! Woot!
3. Learning enough html to build a blog template is very time-consuming. Not dreadfully difficult, but definitely eats the time. Just ask my husband.
4. Keeping a secret for a long time is hard for me! (No wisecracks, family members who might be reading this!) My birthmom is coming out here in 9 days! Her visit is a surprise birthday present for Snapper. We will go to the airport next Thursday after Snapper gets out of school. She won't know who is coming until she sees Nana come walking out through security! Am I excited? Oh yes! How many times have I almost slipped and said something to Snapper about the visit? At least 10 times. I'm amazed the secret is still a secret!
5. This is the most important thing I learned this week. It is worth a little bit of time and effort to put together a character growth celebration for your kids. Since honoring Snapper on Saturday for her growth in Wisdom and Courage, she has stepped up even more in those areas. The same is true for Pepper! More to come on this later. I think I'll post the recipe for a superhero celebration day!