Well, it has happened. I have had my 30th birthday. Everyone keeps telling me that the 30's are the best of all. I sure hope they're right!
Today has not been a very exciting birthday. I woke up feeling exhausted, and both kids were grumpy and tearful. Matt couldn't take lunchtime off. Pepper was feisty all day. Snapper chose today to be firmly set against being obedient or cooperative. Even our nice dinner out was almost disastrous, as Snapper ignored my buffet choices instructions and then loudly complained about the food, and Pepper scarfed down his Jell-O and fruit punch before eating anything healthy. He had to be promptly removed from the restaurant because all the red junk food in his belly threatened to reappear. I cried 3 times today for stupid reasons, which totally frustrated (and concerned) me. Then I remembered that I have not taken my regular meds in 5 days because I keep forgetting to refill my prescription. That, more than anything else I'm sure, put the biggest damper on my day. Guess what will be the first thing I do when the pharmacy opens in the morning! I have the bottle sitting on top of my cell phone so I won't forget.
All the junk aside though, there were some really special moments to my day. Once my brain chemicals re-balance, I'm sure I'll feel much more positive. Until then, I will list the special moments of my 30th birthday, and let that be my focus as I go to bed. Yes, 30 must be old because I'm going to bed before 9...
1. Waffles for breakfast on the red You Are Special Today plate.
2. A Happy Birthday serenade from my sweet friends Steve and Stephanie when I picked up their son to take him to school (my morning to drive the carpool).
3. Spending money for my Atlanta weekend from my sweet mother-in-law, and 100 roses from my daddy and step-mom!
4. A stop at my BFF Karon's house, where she had made me some nut-free banana bread, complete with a birthday candle! She sang happy birthday to me and we enjoyed banana bread together. I'm of the opinion that a good friend is the best gift of all. Oh, and she also gave me a die-cast Jimmie Johnson car!!! You rock, Karon, and I love you dearly!
5. A nice, satisfying visit to the chiropractor.
6. Lunch with one of my very favorite Awana kids.
7. Spending money for my Atlanta weekend from Steve and Stephanie...in a really awesome racecar birthday card that makes revving engine noises when I open it! Perfect? Yes!
8. 70 wonderful birthday notes posted to my Facebook wall from all my wonderful friends. It was so much fun reading all that love!
9. Several text messages, emails, and phone calls from my family members.
10. A wonderful, perfect birthday card from my very best friend/husband/soulmate/lover/etc. Matt.
Now my bed awaits me with freshly bleached sheets! Don't you love freshly bleached sheets? I sure do! I also love the cinnamon candles I bought at Hobby Lobby day before yesterday! Tomorrow we're off to Tennessee to spend a day with our BFFs Brian and Carol, and their 3 sweetie pie girls. (In case you're wondering how many BFFs I have, there are 3: Noel in California, Karon in Arkansas, and Carol in Tennessee). Snapper and Pepper will stay with Brian and Carol while Matt and I go to Atlanta for the race. If you are a race fan, watch for me on Sunday night! We'll be sitting in between the start/finish line and the beginning of turn 1. We're just a few rows back in the 2nd level. Have I mentioned that I'M SO EXCITED?!?!?!?!?!?!? Sunday can't come fast enough for me! Alrighty then, I'm off to bed. Too tired to function anymore tonight. I'll talk to y'all when I get home on Tuesday. This is the 30-year-old mama, signing out.