Monday, December 22, 2008

I Love It, I Love It!!!

Another delightful, Christmasy day in our town! After negotiating a Walmart photo processing snaffoo, the kids and I came home for the ultimate comfort food lunch: peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches with apple slices and milk. So satisfying! Once Pepper was put down for his nap (tear-free, I might add!), Snapper and I tackled the remaining gifts to be wrapped. I'm redecorating Snapper and Pepper's rooms as their Christmas present this year. Pepper has outgrown the nursery look, and Snapper's pink room now belongs to Debbie. The blue guest room just doesn't suit Snapper at all. I found new bedding and window treatments on ebay for ridiculously cheap (it's all new in original packaging, too!). Those items all arrived in the last few days, so I wrapped them up.



I wanted to teach Snapper about giving--not just to Mom, Dad, and Grandma, but to people in need. About a month ago, she and I went shopping to stuff a stocking for a little girl whose family could not buy Christmas gifts this year. We don't know the child. Our pastor found her and will be delivering the stocking. Anyway, Snapper picked out all the gifts--gifts she really wanted--and stuffed the stocking herself. While I was wrapping Snapper's gifts, Snapper was wrapping the stocking gifts. She took great pains to do a good job on the wrapping. I am so proud of her.

This evening Pepper and I went to the preschool pajama party at church. He made a nativity scene with stickers, colored a picture, decorated cookies, and listened to a Christmas story. He had a great time, and as always, I thoroughly enjoyed the one-on-one with my sweet boy.







When we got home, Matt left to take Debbie Christmas shopping. I made hot cocoa and giant, soft-baked pretzels, and cuddled up with the kids to watch "The Polar Express." We turned out all the lights in the house except the Christmas tree, brought our blankets and pillows downstairs, and cuddled together with our treats. For the last 15 minutes of the movie, the kids piled on top of me in the big easy chair. I got kind of mashed, but that's okay. I wouldn't trade it for anything! Making memories. Imprinting this stage of their lives in my mind. Soaking up their childish sweetness and ready kisses. All too soon this will be part of the past.



Another great day for the family journal!

1 comment:

Stef said...

I love the wrapping paper
I love Jackson's cozy pj's
I love the cozy couch picture with the same sippy cups my kids use. :)

Merry Christmas!