Monday, February 6, 2012

Toothless Wonder

On Superbowl Sunday in 2008, Snapper lost her first tooth. It was an ordeal that involved a deluge of tears.
On Superbowl Sunday in 2012, Pepper lost his first tooth. It was a celebration that involved cheering and jumping up and down. It was made even more delightful by the presence of my dad and step-mom, who are visiting from California. The tooth fairy came and visited last night. She left a Tooth-O-Gram (just like she always left for me) and $3 (The California tooth fairy came with the Florida tooth fairy). Pepper asked for $1000, but the tooth fairy declined his offer. It didn't matter though. I was awakened by Pepper's squeals when he found the loaded pillow hanging on his doorknob. The tooth fairy left one perfect, tiny tooth in my treasure box, a bittersweet reminder that my baby is growing up.








2 comments:

Stef said...

hah! I can't get over how they lost their tooth BOTH on superbowl Sunday! That is too crazy.
Here I thought it was so cool that Ethan and I (who share the same birthday) were each born on SuperBowl Sundays. Anyway... cute pictures. That last one is pure JOY!

So good to see your Dad and his wife as well. I wish I could meet her sometime!

Matt said...

If the tooth fairy is giving out $1000 bills, get me the pliers!