Tuesday, February 7, 2012

God Gives Good Gifts!

The focus of our ministry is to teach people who God is and why it matters. Because of this, I have been--for the last 18 months--immersed in lessons on the attributes of God. I have come to deeply believe that God is personal. I've known it all along, and I have seen evidence of His presence and His care for me. As an individual. However, as I have studied, I have become far more aware of Him. I recognize even the little things as coming from God. Matthew 7 talks about how God is personal. If you seek Him with all your heart, you will find Him. You. Individually. He wants to be found by you. He delights in giving good gifts to His children. Yes, God's Word says that, too.

He cares for me. He has upheld me during this difficult season with my friend Bev. She is still hanging on, by the way. He has provided all I need--physical strength, emotional strength, finances, comfort, protection, peace, etc. As I am more aware of Him, I am able to see Him at work more often, and much more clearly. It is amazing, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Today I was reminded, yet again, of His love for me. For me. Anyone who knows me even a little bit knows that I LOVE NASCAR. Not like...LOVE. I LOVE Jimmie Johnson (Lowe's #48). And I really, really, really like Martin Truex Jr. (Napa Auto Parts #56). He is a classy guy, a solid driver who I think is going to do really great this year. MTJ also reminds me so much of my brother, Brandon.

Brandon is on the top, Martin Truex Jr. is on the bottom. They aren't identical, by any means, but there is enough of a resemblance that I am reminded of B every time I see MTJ.




Anyhoo, Martin Truex Jr. is a great driver and I am a fan of his on Facebook. Today he did a giveaway on his Facebook page. The giveaway was for 2 tickets to the Daytona 500. In order to enter, you had to post a comment about why you wanted to go to the Daytona 500. Here is what I posted.

 I'd love to win tickets! 1. My budget is way too tight to be able to buy them, but I only live an hour away and could easily make it there. 2. The Daytona 500 is on my bucket list. 3. It's been a tough season of grief and loss for my family and me, and getting the thrill of going to a race would be an awesome pick-me-up. Thanks for doing this giveaway. I'd love to win, but even if I don't, I know the tickets will be really fantastic for the person who does win.

I really did not expect to win. There were 175 entries, and I only entered as a long shot. To my surprise and delight, I WON! I won 2 tickets to the Daytona 500! I am floating around the house on Cloud 9 right now. Yes, I send out a million thanks to the generosity of Martin Truex Jr. But more importantly, I send out my thanks to God. He knows me. He knows what I love. And He loves to give good gifts to His children. He loves to give good gifts to me, and this time He chose perfectly! Daytona 500, here I come!

1 comment: