Christine at Southern Belle Dreaming tagged me today. I have done no blogging in the last week because my dinosaur laptop makes writing more frustrating than fun, and that ruins the whole blogging experience for me. But it has been too long. I'm in the midst of a whirlwind week--VBS, swim team for Snapper, swimming as a family, and lots of other fun activities. Because I'm too worn out to think much, I'll pick up Christine's tag. Not too much thinking involved, and fun to boot!
6 Unimportant Things that Make Me Happy
1. Watermelon. I bought the most wonderful watermelon at Kroger a few days ago. Snapper and Matt ate a few slices each. I ate the rest...in 2 days. Yup, a whole, crisp, sweet, juicy watermelon all by myself in 2 days! I loved it so much that I'm going to buy another one tomorrow. And no, I'm not planning on sharing it!
2. My new bathing suit. I found a bathing suit that is cute, figure-flattering, and that stays put (no riding up or slipping down). You know how hard that is! The best part is that it didn't break the bank! Hooray for Kohl's!
3. Summer softball. Matt is coaching our church team this year. We go out to the ballpark once or twice a week to watch him play and to cheer for the team. I love encouraging my man, watching the game, and visiting with the other team wives. I also love the hot dogs, nachos, and sweet tea they sell at the concession stand. Hee hee!
4. Arm & Hammer laundry detergent. The Clean Burst scent is SO GOOD! I love to bury my face in the clean laundry as I transfer it from the washer to the dryer, and again as I fold it once it's dry. Ummmm!!!!! Believe it or not, the scent of the soap is so good that it motivates me to WANT to fold laundry! Go figure...
5. Fireflies. There are so many more of them this year. Maybe it's because we had a long, cool spring. Whatever the reason, I am glad! I love watching these little guys floating through the evening all around our neighborhood. Happy, happy happy!
6. My chicken collection. *disclaimer--do not buy any more chicken decor for me! I have more than enough already!* My kitchen is so warm and cheerful in the afternoon light. The cream cabinets, coupled with the soft yellow paint and red accents makes this the most inviting room in the house. It perfectly showcases all the chicken decor I inherited from my mom, and the extra chickens Matt and Beverly have given me. My chickens are so cute and happy! They make me smile.
I'm not going to tag anyone else tonight. Why? Because I'm sufficiently frustrated with the computer...again. Maybe later. What's one unimportant thing that makes you happy? Please leave a comment and tell me!