Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What I've Learned

Happy Tuesday! Drop by Musings of a Housewife for the What I've Learned This Week carnival. Here's what I learned this week.

1. Having a bulging disc in your neck causes misery all over the body.

2. A good chiropractor is priceless. This said, I do not have a good chiropractor yet.

3. Arkansas must be the most loyal state in the country. Three cheers for Arkansas for winning American Idol for Kris Allen! And bravo to both Adam and Kris...they have amazing careers ahead of them. Seriously though, the judges underestimated the Razorback Nation when they predicted Adam would win Idol. Crazy Arkansans!

4. A sister is a precious thing. The older I get and the more twists life throws at me, the more thankful I am for my sister, Jenny. I'm also chafing at the 2400 miles between us. I learned once again this week just how much I miss my California family.

5. Fireflies/lightning bugs are quite possibly my favorite thing about summer in Arkansas. There's something magical about sitting on the front porch after dark on a warm night, and witnessing little, glowing spots blinking through the darkness!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Wow - I've always dreamed of seeing lightning bugs! Sounds so magical. :) Hope you're feeling better too!

Tara said...

I posted about lightning bugs last summer... They must all be in Arkansas because over the past couple years, I have seen very few of them here in NC. They were a part of my childhood growing up so I dearly miss seeing them.