Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Days 3 & 4

Day 3: I am thankful for the opportunity to be enrolled in a graduate program. Because of my stage of life (mom to five kids with special needs and one toddler), I am being allowed to complete the program one class per semester. Taking one class has reawakened my brain and is helping me feel alive and engaged again. I'm thankful for this opportunity.

Day 4: I am thankful for the opportunity to take karate two evenings per week. Matt picks up the kids after their karate class, takes them home, and feeds them dinner (which I have ready in the crock pot), so I can exercise my body doing something that is both fun and useful. I'm thankful for the senseis who are willing to teach me, even though I'm totally out of shape. I love this outlet, and am thankful for the increased flexibility, strength, energy, and confidence I'm gaining. I'm hoping to test for my purple belt in a few weeks! That moves me out of the beginner ranks and into intermediate.

No comments: