Saturday, October 26, 2013

That Friend

I just have to take a moment to shout to the whole world (yeah, the 50 or so people who read this blog) about how blessed I am to have a very best friend. Her name is Noel and we've been best friends from the first time we met, 14 years ago now. We were both in college. Matt and her brand new boyfriend, Stan, were roommates. It was instant connection. I knew I'd found a kindred spirit. I ended up marrying Matt, and Noel ended up marrying Stan. Over the last 14 years we have been through a lot together. For the last eight years we've lived in different states. But the distance hasn't changed our friendship. We continue to be as close and as strong as ever. We spent almost two hours on the phone with each other tonight, sharing laughter and some tears. There are very few people in my life that I love as much as Noel, and I just needed to overflow a bit. I am so tremendously blessed.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I completely understand as I have a best friend that is such a huge and important part of my life. So thankful for her and there are times I would like to shout it from the mountain tops how great she is. :) having an understanding friend is important for everyone but even more so for those of us who are parenting hurt children. Happy you have that!!!

Unknown said...

That's rare. What a treasure.