Monday, April 9, 2012

The Easter Post

Another Easter is in the memory books, and it was a good one. I must start by saying how thankful I am that Jesus died for me, because I'd sure be a hot mess without Him in my life. Every day I'm thankful, and I love the special day devoted to celebrating that He is risen!

We started out bright and early with breakfast and Easter baskets. Matt made an imitation of Tropical Smoothie's Chocolate Elvis smoothie for breakfast. It is a divine mix of plain yogurt, banana, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and ice. YUM! We also had bacon, scrambled eggs, fresh strawberries, and gluten-free sugar cookies. We pretty much rushed through breakfast because Matt and I we in charge of kids church for the second and third services at our church. I managed to snap some cute photos of Snapper and Pepper in our back yard before we left for church. Thanks, Nana, for the cute Easter clothes! Kids church is always fun, but it is extra fun on Easter because the energy in the room is double what it normally is. We had a total of 120 kindergarten-5th graders, and they were awesome!






After church we went to my bestie's house (Curt & Tracie) for the rest of the day. We had invited another family (Chris & Tara) and a single girl (Sara) from our life group to join us for dinner and an egg hunt. We potlucked it, and the food was so wonderful. The kids shoveled down their food and went out to play, but the adults lingered at the table, savoring seconds and even thirds on the food to go with our good conversation. We hid at least 200 eggs for the kids out in the yard, including two golden eggs. The kids were so cute on the egg hunt. Snapper and Pepper have eagle eyes; each of them found a golden egg! Sweet Snapper gave her golden egg to Tara's 5-year-old daughter who was so desperate for a golden egg that she melted down when she didn't find one.  After the hunt the kids all lined up on the brick wall in front of Tracie's house to examine their Easter candy. They unintentionally lined up tallest to smallest, which made for a very cute photo. The highlight of the day for me was watching Tracie's 4-year-old daughter, {A}, unwrap all her candy for Tracie's 2-year-old son, {I}, so {I} could shovel it into his mouth.




We came home around 6:30, and the kids dressed up in their cowboy costumes and sat in the patio playing Battleship for 2 hours. Matt and I relaxed on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and watched 6 episodes of our new favorite show, Auction Hunters. It was a truly wonderful day.

No comments: