Monday, May 17, 2010

Oh My Goodness...

After 2 months of wearing myself out of keep the house spotless for showings, it would appear that journey has come to an end. We got an excellent offer today, one that is only $5000 under our asking price, and does not include any goofy demands like asking us to cover all closing costs and inspections and junk like that! We are going to counter and ask them to meet us in the middle. If they do, we will close on June 18th.

Oh my goodness...

It is really starting to seem real. It is such a short time until we pack up and say goodbye to our beloved Little Rock. We have been here 4 years and 3 months now, and we have loved every moment. God has blessed us with the most wonderful friends, fantastic church, amazing school for Snapper, and two swim coaches who have impacted Snapper's life tremendously. The goodbyes will be so painful. On one hand, I want to jump up and down and scream out of excitement. On the other hand, I want to curl up in the fetal position and cry my eyes out. Such a range of emotions, all of which are growing more intense with each passing day. I am exhausted from all of the emotional upheaval, and the uncertainty of waiting. I am SO ready for this process to be done, and to get moved to Florida. But at the same time I want to sink my heels in and keep the time from passing so quickly.

Sigh. The thought of starting all over again--new home, church hunting, new school, making friends, learning a new (much bigger) city, new job--is overwhelming.

If you are a praying person, would you take a moment to pray for me right now? Pray that the peace and joy of the Lord would fill me to overflowing me so that others will see Him in me during the next few months. Pray for smooth negotiations on the house. Pray that our support would flood in quickly. Pray that God would provide the funds for us to take a much-needed trip to visit supporters and family in Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, and Colorado. Yup, it's a big trip we are hoping to make...the plan is to leave on June 14th if the house sale is final. Put all of our stuff in a Pod and go on the road for a month. Also, pray for Snapper. God closed the door on me taking her to Orlando for a visit. Pray that she would really trust the Lord to take care of her and meet her needs through this transition.

Okay, I think I'm done. It has been a very long, full day, and it is time for me to get some sleep. I love you, bloggy friends. I am so glad that even though I am getting ready to move forward and start a new life, you will go right along with me.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Yes, praying for you, friend! I'm so excited on your behalf that the showing preparations are likely a thing of the past for you! How exhausting!

About Southern Belle said...

What great news about the house! I can imagine the stress your under right now and I am praying for you.

Stef said...

yay!!!! I am so excited for you! I prayed for you just now and will continue to think of you and pray for you often. Having just moved away from my life of 30 years (as you know) I can sort of understand what you're going through... although not really, because you're going much farther away than I did!

I'm excited for you guys, Em. I'm really excited about what God is going to do in your lives and can't wait to go along with you (online) and hear all about your new adventures!

Blessings, Stef

Tara said...

Just said a prayer for you and your family. I can certainly understand the excitement yet the uncertainty that you face. I know God is directing your path!