Sunday, May 8, 2016

Jar of Love

I love Mother's Day. It's the day my kids give my homemade gifts. Homemade gifts are the very best kind. I'd rather get a book of lovingly created child's artwork than jewelry. Not joking! My favorite gift from this year (not counting the gift from my husband) came from Sunny. She finger painted adorable flowers on a mason jar, and then filled the jar with hand written sentiments. Sunny has learning disabilities. She has dreadful penmanship...like almost illegible. Spelling and reading come extremely hard for her. Her sentiments are a perfect example of this. But gosh...are they CUTE!

i LoVe winyuo hug me.
I love when you hug me.

I LovE eore smooLe
I love your smile.

I LoVe yuo Becos pive me SrocsP
I love you because you give me snacks.

i Love you Becace You aer nICe to me.
I love you because you are nice to me.

I Love you Becoucs yuo cientoLE
I love you because you are gentle.

i LoVE yuo bcose you nivr hotre me
I love you because you never hurt me.

I LovE you bekas you awees takArE uf me
I love you because you always take care of me.

This child struggles so greatly in her life. She fights Matt and me almost every waking moment. She may or may not ever recover from her early life experiences. But these sentiments--written entirely on her own--are proof to me that she is starting to love. And that gives me hope. I couldn't ask for anything better.

My hubby nailed it this year, too. He hand crafted this beautiful shelf for my essential oils. The shelf is made of oak. The middle and bottom shelves pull out. It can hang on the wall or sit on the counter. I absolutely love it! Best gift I've received in a long time. Way to go, Matt!


And I have to include my favorite photo from today. My sister bought a beautiful dress for Sweet Pea for her birthday. I love these two pictures of my Sweet Pea and me. My precious little miniature!




No comments: