That said, as we were out together last night, I felt this perfect sense of contentment. I was inspired to write down a list of things I'm totally loving right now, things that add sweetness to my life.
- Southern summer evenings. I love the velvety warmth of the summer air, when it's 82 degrees at 10:00 p.m. You can almost grab the air, and it is so soft on my skin.
- Coconut cream pie milkshakes from Sonic. Uh...yum!
- Having a pool in our backyard.
- My 15-month-old Sweet Pea running around the house, getting into everything, taking "selfies" with my Pampered Chef food scraper, and charming the socks off of everyone.
- The freshly purged, reorganized, and decorated kiddo bedrooms. I've had the decor for almost a year, but haven't had the energy or motivation to put it up. I only have Sunny's room to do now, and I should be able to finish it this afternoon.
- Ancient Harvest quinoa pasta. So much healthier than regular pasta!
- The satisfaction of having fought--and won--a battle with the school district concerning a (bad) decision made for one of my children.
- Jersey knit sheets on my bed
- Audio books with my kids. Namely the Narnia series.
- Gentle thunder rumbling throughout the day
- Good reads
- Good music. Lauren Daigle's new album. My current fave!
- Our new Keurig, which replaced the coffee pot we've had for the last nine years. It finally gave up the ghost. The new machine is such a treat!
School starts for the elementary kids on Monday. One 5th grader, two 4th graders, and one 1st grader. Happy!