Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Advocate

Dear Mrs. Snapper's Mom,

You are right. Snapper's work is excellent, and she did carry the majority of this project. After reviewing my notes again, I have decided that it is only fair and right to award Snapper a grade of 100% for her social studies project. She previously received the same grade as her group members, and she deserved better. The scores have been adjusted accordingly. Thank you for being an advocate for your child.

Snapper's Teacher

This came in response to a kind email I sent to the teacher after receiving Snapper's very low group project grade. I could have let it go, but I decided to pursue it. My sweet child worked way too hard to have her grades brought down due to another child's irresponsibility. I was an advocate for Snapper, and it paid off this time. I am very relieved.

No comments: